Mirrors

Bismillah.

Looking back at our marriage back when we were 22 years old, so many things have changed. Ohh I remember back then when I was so lack of common sense that the common theme of our arguments would be for the lack of my common sense. And I'd say till this day, but maybe down a tad bit, yes? Hehe. I would go further telling you what has changed for me but I would save that for other people to tell. Now what I want to tell you is how my partner has changed, far more interesting, yes?

First off, at the beginning of our marriage, my wife was kind of scared with my big family as most of them were.. socially active I would say. I for one completely understand as it can be intimidating for her to interact people like my family since she's can be a little bit shy being with people whom she's not familiar with. But now she can click quite a bit with other members of the family. And that make me happy. We family meet quite a lot so it's great for her to be comfortable.

She also now has becoming a bit softer.. I presume would be the word? She still got some fire in there somewhere but that's for me to take care of hehe. I know I annoyed the hell out of her more often than not, but fyi it's never been deliberate :p I noticed she's a bit cooler coming back from Umrah. Apart from that, her interest in cooking has spiked quite a bit. She did have some interest in cooking before, but let's just say the environment to cook isn't there (her words paraphrased hehe) And it's wonderful to see. Because I got to help a bit especially on the finishing the meal part haha. I gotta admit before marriage I have a tiny bit hope in having a wife that can cook. But it really isn't a big deal, even for today. Now that time has passed us by, it made me reflect that some good things need not to be pushed, but it needs our time and patience to be nourished and be established. 

You see we always see people around us as the finished article. We often can't see that people can change. That there are work in progress for each and everyone of us. For better or for worse (well that's another different story). And that's why I never quick to judge people for what they are, because maybe there are hidden lessons not only for them but may be for the people around them. Lessons that at times are comprehensive for us to understand or some times leaves its ambiguity for time to show us. Well for me, since the very first day of our marriage, I put no expectations whatsoever on her. Because I know it only leads to disappointment because expectations are coming from me, not from her. And simply because I believe that she and I can change, for getting better everyday till we unite again in Jannah, Insha Allah.



No comments:

Post a Comment