Umrah Part 2

Assalamualaikum.

We were in Makkah for 5 days if I remember correctly. It was 5 days that I'd rewind it back if I could. The first day we're like still finding our ways around Makkah. But after a while, it has been el nature for the two of us. Alhamdulillah in this first trip to Makkah, we got to do a couple of umrah, 3 to be precise. If you intended to your umrah slow and steady, you ought to do them during dhuha time. Around an hour or so after subuh right after zuhur. Because for me that's when it's the least people around the Masjidil Haram. Once I got to do tawaf for like 20 minutes or so during dhuha time. That's quite impossible to achieve in the peak hours, I'll say it's from Zuhur to Isya'. Even after Isya' hundreds  of people were still all over the Masjid.

Our umrah package includes meals throughout our days both in Madinah and Makkah. So that way we could focus on optimizing our time for seeking Allah's pleasure. Anyway I don't know about anyone else in our Rayhar package, but  ohh boy did the food on Madinah or Makkah was amazing or what haha. It's a rare thing for me to eat only once during any meal time. One time tambah is the way to go for me hehe. I eat so much back then that one of Rayhar officials reckon I didn't miss Malaysia at all. L to the O to the L.


Other people could say I may have gain spike interest in eating there but for me, I like to think it's because of the serenity I felt there. I felt like so calm that I feel that I can eat anything. Err okay that doesn't sound right.. What I meant to say is my mind felt at ease so much so that having a normal meal is like finding one of life's great pleasure. Because if I was to recall back, the foods served but not that legendary or anything but.. I don't know, like I said it felt good. Of course, right now I'm in the process of flushing out back all the unnecessary fats.

What I like most about Makkah is you can always feel the motivation to do good deeds. You see, everywhere around the Masjid, sadaqah is so common that you would find people doing them like every hour. People giving foods to other people or simply giving their best smile and salam :) Better yet, my wife got doa recited for her by people there in one Maghrib. Tell me how could it could be any better than that?

But don't get me wrong though, it doesn't mean that whenever you wanted to do something good, you have to wait till you're in Makkah. It's just that there are strong vibe of goodness in Makkah for whatever you doing good and feel calm at the same time. Amazing right? Well, for you who still didn't have a chance to be in Madinah or Makkah, wait till you feel it for yourself.

For me, to say this umrah is amazing would be an understatement. Because it is beyond amazing. Sure, there may be some parts where things could be better, but I believe that's part of the journey. You know how people say Ramadhan can be the a great tarbiah for one to be even better. Well, I'd say doing umrah has got to be right there with Ramadhan. It trained my patience, my discipline and most of all my faith.

And I truly hope that it would transform me into a better person in the long run. Not only that, but into as a better son, a better husband, a better citizen and most of all a better Muslim. And when that day comes, I'd say this umrah trip has been a great force in such transformation, insha Allah.

May Allah accept our umrah during our time there. May Allah guide me in becoming a better person, a better Muslim. May Allah accept our dua in Madinah and Makkah. Ameen ya Rabb.

No comments:

Post a Comment