A New Phase

It's been 9 months now since I've become a parent.

For start, my life has changed and it's all about the little one right now. If I could sum these 9 months up, it would be like a mix of every new tasks & responsibilities, new feelings and countless things to consider thrown in together. Whatever I do, I have to think what's best for Afnan.

One thing for sure though, it's nothing like I ever experienced before. Before becoming a parent, I read a lot of books, blogs, articles etc about parenting and I think I can grasp on what it feels to be a parent.

I knew it's going to be hard work. I knew there will be lots of sacrifices along the way. I knew how my time will made to wrap around him.

But the one thing that I didn't expect that is that I'm gonna develop this, strong deep love for this little wonderful creature. Don't get me wrong, I know I'm gonna love my kid anyhow, but it's just way beyond my expectations. Like how I'm so eager to be back home to see Afnan. Or how I'm so ecstatic every time I see him doing new things. And so many other little things about Afnan. They mean everything to me now.

Like my heart is putting a wide smile every time Afnan's on my mind. And for that, I'm grateful. Alhamdulillah. Alhamdulillah. Alhamdulillah.

Speaking of grateful, there's one more thing that I feel thankful for. And that is, the fact that my wife and I are synchronized in how we're going to raise Afnan. We rarely disagree in parenting matters and always share how we can be a better parents insha Allah. We've been together for quite a while and things like this make me appreciate my partner even more. New day, new adventure yeah sayang?

9 months passed and Alhamdulillah, raising Afnan so far has been relatively a breeze. There's not much of a hassle in handling and settling him down. I don't recall he was making a hard time for us to give him a bath, change his diapers, put him to sleep. And the thing that I always admire about Afnan is he's always in a good mood.  Okay not always like every time, but most of the time. Realizing this, it's no wonder that Allah always listening to our prayers. As I always ask for Allah to make Afnan a coolness of his parents and make it easy for me to be a good parent.

It's still very early in this parenting phase, and I have learnt so much. From Afnan, from my wife, from my own parents and PIL. I'm sure there are going to be challenge up ahead but I'm sure it going to be worth it at the end of the day. Because it what matters the most to me now and I'm gonna give my all. 



1 comment: